Monday 30 June 2014

Self Sufficient !!!!!!!

Good Morning my Lovlies...
I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend....
The weather here in my little corner of Cornwall, has still been a mixed a bag,
but have still been able to do a lot of outside activities....
for me most of the weekend has been riding my two horses....
which has been thoroughly enjoyable, and yesterday myself and hubby spent all of the afternoon in to early evening in the garden....  Thursday afternoon hubby went to B&Q and purchased a
wood shredder, a large compost maker and a some stones......
we have a piece of garden that is really no good for anything... so we decided
to put some stones down....and make a feature of it..... so when I returned from the stables, hubby was already in the garden putting together his new toy.....
I left him to it and cut and strimmed the grass..... hubby still putting new toy together.....
finally...shredder ready to go...plugged it in and hubby instantly jammed it.... so after a few minutes it was shredding the old trees that we have cut down over the weeks.... hubby looked so happy with his new toy.... in the meantime the compost maker had been put in it's rightful place and we started to fill it with grass cuttings and shredded wood...I even brought home some horse manure for it, 
we then got started on the feature.... and run out of stones....so it was another trip to B&Q to get more, I also put four rose bushes on the trolley and four tubs for rose bushes to go in....
returned home to finish the feature.... dogs were not being at all helpful, thought they were at the beach and were running around and rolling in said stones...after a while we finally got it sort of how we want it.... just a bit of tinkering and some solar lights and think we have finished...
my greenhouse is looking rather cool, my seeds that I planted two weeks ago are well on there way...  this is the first time I have ever grown any salad or veg, so it is a learning curve for me at the mo... hubby is also busy clearing a large piece of the garden for a veg patch so fingers crossed
next year we are hopefully going to be self sufficient as regards veg and salad,
 and all will be organic..... 
 tonight I am back in to work after a glorious weeks holiday,
 So will Speak again soon God Willing...

I Made this card for a Friend who Loves Beatrix Potter



These are some pics I took of the nearly completed feature 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.