Wednesday 24 October 2012

Back To The Here and Now.....

Good Afternoon All,

Hope all is well with you...... not very nice weather again here in Cornwall, misty and drizzle.... supposed to get colder as the weekend draws near, time to get the thermals out I think..... also the clocks go back on Saturday, an extra hour in bed hooray.... well I had the usual day today, up the yard early morning, it's so dark when you get up there, the yard is in the middle of fields, so no street lamps, so myself and Alison have got the torches that go on your head, we look like a couple of miners going around the yard.... once everything had been done, it was time to take the rabble for there morning constitutional...... the boys were up for it, but not Smarty Pants...she took one look at the drizzle and thought not b....y  likely, and legged it on to the back seat... so it was just me and the boys.... apart from the drizzle it really was quite nice, there was a slight mist over the fields, all I wanted to set the scene, was Heathcliffe or better still Mark Darcy.... running across the fields, you know what I mean girls don't you, oh well one can but dream.... know back to the here and now, we were all walking across the field the boys were jumping up on the hedges, I was away with the fairies.... when all of a sudden there was an almighty kerfuffle coming from the bushes, when out came a kestrel, it was the most beautiful bird, the markings were lovely and it was about 6ft away from me, and it just looked at us and flew up in to the trees, it was amazing, even the boys were as stunned as I was.... anyhow when I returned to the yard, who was sat in the Wendy house waiting.... Smarty Pants, she had got out of the tailgate of my truck, that I left opened, and went and sat on her cushion ( yes she has a cushion in the Wendy house that the girls up the yard had got her) and was waiting for me, she has me sussed, she knew exactly what I would be doing on my return, having a coffee..... so after  spending some more time at the yard we returned home, and I am know talking to you, well if you read my blog yesterday....  you will know hubby got me a new steamer, well it did not all go as planned..... put the potatoes in one side, the broccoli and cauliflower in one section and the carrots in the other section....put them on the time the little booklet said....and switched on, went out to check if all was okay, the veg were fine but the spuds well not so good, they were no way near done, so had to finish them of on the hob, which defeats the object really, so I will have to do some more reading of the instructions, as it was my first time of using it.....and I'm sure I  will get better won't I.....
now it is my daughter Hazel's birthday on Halloween, and below is the card I have made for her, hope she likes it........

Best Wishes
Suzy B
of
D.A.D.
Dazzling Ace Designs


Materials Used

White C5 Card Blank with matching envelope.
Base card has been covered with a paper from K & Co
The torn paper is one of Debbie Moore's  designs from the Shabby Chic cd rom
The main image is my own design that I have re-sized to fit the card and then die cut using the spellbinder frame, this has been layered on to a piece of blue pergamano parchment paper, which i have embossed, and die cut using the spellbinder frame die.
White lace is from my craft stash
Silk Flowers
Crystal Tipped Head Pins x 2
Clay flowers from my collection of broken jewellery
The little heart and chain is also from my stash of odds and ends
The scrolls are one of the X Cut Die range



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.