Wednesday 22 August 2012

THERE'S A CHILL IN THE AIR................

Hi Everyone,

Don't know about you but I think there is a chill in the air, woke up this morning about 5.15 to let the rabble out in the garden, and even though it was still it felt chilly, I suppose we are nearly at the end of August , also I cut my grass today and noticed quite a few leaves have fallen from the trees, but I must admit I do love that time of year when the leaves feel crisp under foot, and the colours are just beautiful the russet browns and Amber are just wonderful. It's the time of year when you wrap up in jumpers and scarves, hats and gloves to stave of the Autumn  chill., another reason I love that time of year is because it is quite here in Cornwall, most of the holiday makers have gone back, so the beaches are quite deserted, and I am able to walk the dogs and as always admire the rugged coastline that Cornwall has to offer. It's also the time to make homemade soups with crusty bread Hmmmm, I can almost smell it know, so yes I do love that time of year for many reasons, anyway today went well the horses were fine when I got them in, I had a good lesson on Ace and the pups are getting used to there collar and leads, makes life a lot easier as I have some control over them, ( well just a bit) as they are so clumsy, they fall over things off things and in things especially the pond, yes the pond not sure what the fish made of it but the pups loved it, so when I do take them to beach I think I am going to have trouble keeping them out of the sea, oh well I will just have to remember to take lots of towels......

ALONE TIME

THE CARD TODAY  HAS A VINTAGE THEME  TO IT,THE BASE CARD IS A WHITE 8INS by 8INS WITH A SCALLOPED EDGE, THE IMAGE IS FROM A CD ROM BY PANTHEON ART AND GRAPHICS, I HAVE USED A SPELLBINDER DIE CUT FOR THE IMAGE AND THE FRAME AND THEN LAYERED THE TWO TOGETHER USING FOAM PADS TO ADD DEPTH. I HAVE USED A SCRIP DESIGN IN SEPIA  FOR THE LAYERS TO STAY IN KEEPING WITH THE VINTAGE THEME. ALL THE FLOWERS HAVE BEEN CUT WITH THE CRICUT DIE CUTTING MACHINE IN A DIFFERENT COLOUR TONES  RUSSET BROWN , AMBER  AND A PALE GREEN, i HAVE THEN LAYERED THE FLOWERS TOGETHER  AND IN THE CENTRE I HAVE USED GOLD BRADS AND SOME BRONZE ORGANZA RIBBON  THERE FINISHED.

BEST WISHES
SUZY B
of
DAZZLING ACE DESIGNS  X




http://dazzling-ace-designs.hostedbywebstore.co.uk/

PLEASE NOTE MY WEBSTORE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION