Thursday 9 August 2012



Hello and Good Evening,
My name is  Sue (sounds like i am going to burst in to song) I am new to blogging so please be patient with me, I will get the hang of it soon. The boring bit, I am 56 years young and a Granny, and I am passionate about Card Making, I love the colours and textures I have been card making for about 14 years, I sell my designs on Amazon (Dazzling Ace Designs),and one of the reasons for my blog is not only to chat to fellow crafters and exchange ideas, but I am hoping to post on a daily basis  image and details of how to make a different card design to share with you, which could be adapted to your own style. Hopefully this will help anyone who is just starting out card making. I am lucky to live in beautiful Cornwall so some of my inspiration comes from the different colours of the sea and the countryside, colours you would not normally put together.Once I have posted my design I would love fellow crafters or even someone who is not a crafter to blog me there views even if they do not like it after all there is no such thing as negative critosiscm. My favourite style is vintage and victorian, I love the nostalgic element, I also design on occasion some contemporary designs and of course some cute ones. Today's design is Vintage and very simple, so here goes, The base card is a plain white 8ins by 8ins with a scalloped edge, down one side I have placed an Anita's gold leaf design peel off, the image of the vintage lady has been taken from a cd rom of vintage ladies made by Pantheon Arts, this has been printed on to a soft white card and the then cut out by using a spellbinder frame die-cut, along the bottom of the image I have placed a row of cream faux pearl flowers and in the top left hand corner three tiny crystal gems, I have then used another spellbinder frame in a larger size and embossed it in a cream card stock and layered the image on to it,I have punched a hole at the top of the larger frame to give the appearance of a large tag and threaded some gold organza ribbon through it. At the side of the main image I have placed a die -cut  scalloped edged heart this is one of the X cut range suitable for most die cutting machines, and then embossed it to add texture, this has been done in the same cream cardstock as the main image, In the top right hand corner using the same cream card stock I have die a large flower once again using the X cut die cuts, this has also been embossed, the scroll is also an X cut die cut that I have placed at the bottom of the flower and linked together with the heart, then the finished touch is a tiny butterfly placed on to the heart.Well that's it I hope you like it and I am looking forward to hearing from you and to get your views. Tomorrow's one will not be till the evening as I have to go to work, so thank you for taking the time to read my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.